A Healthy Inside Leads to a Healthy Outside
Your cat’s symptoms (diarrhea, skin, weight, and immunity issues) may be related to a digestive imbalance. The KittyBiome: Gut Health test includes everything you need to collect a stool sample from your cat, and send it back to us for assessment. After we process the sample, you will receive results (via email and online) with actionable recommendations to help restore your cat's microbiome.
The KittyBiome Gut Health Test kit contains everything you need, including step-by-step instructions, to take a sample of your pet’s stool and mail it back (in a pre-paid envelope) to our laboratory.
- Two collection tubes (one is a backup)
- Sterile cotton swabs to sample your pet’s fecal matter
- Surgical gloves
- Step-by-step instructions
- A small plastic bag for enclosing the collection tube
- A padded mailer (already addressed) to return your collection tube to the AnimalBiome laboratory (pre-paid shipping within the continental US)
Note: The fresher the stool sample, the more accurate the results.
Microbiome Testing and Gut Restoration Process
Our Microbiome Test and Supplements work individually, and together, to help improve your pet’s gut and overall health.
1. COLLECT: Order a Microbiome Test Kit, collect a small stool sample from your pet, and mail the sample back to us (prepaid envelope).
2. ANALYZE & REPORT: We extract and sequence DNA from the sample to identify your pet’s gut bacteria. You receive a report (in 2-4 weeks) via email AND can go online to explore and understand your pet’s results.
3. RESTORE: Use our Microbiome Supplement to replace and rebalance bacteria that are missing, and rebalance pet gut health.
4. REASSESS: Retest your pet at the end of each supplement cycle, or if symptoms recur. Compare test results through the online Pet Portal.
Supplements may be an ongoing part of your pet’s care, or when medication, diet, illness, age or environment cause troublesome digestive and immunity symptoms.
The science behind AnimalBiome is pretty amazing, and with millions of bacteria being analyzed, there’s a lot of information – if you want to learn more:
I’m a feline veterinarian and find these tests so impressive. The science is incredible. I’m a firm believer since discovering them. They have helped my personal kitten when nothing else would. Thank you!
We ordered this as a last ditch effort for a cat that we had tried everything for. This did the trick! Thank goodness, he is now adoptable!
Nicely packaged with easy to understand instructions. Shipping was very quick as well!
KittyBiome: Gut Health Test
This will be the third time that I have done a poop test on my seven year old, raw fed, male cat. The first two test results gave me very helpful information on the condition of his gut, it was not in good conditon. He had rounds of poop pills after each of the those two poop tests,and his gut health had improved after each round. I am hoping that the results of this third poop test will give results at least as good as the results after the second poop test.