Gut Health Microbiome Test
Your dog’s symptoms (diarrhea, skin, weight and immune system issues) may be related to a digestive imbalance.
The Doggy Kit includes everything you need to collect a stool sample from your dog, and send it back to us for assessment.
After we process the sample, you will receive results (via email and online) to understand and help restore your dog’s gut health.
The Doggy Kit Microbiome Test Kit contains everything you need, including step-by-step instructions, to take a sample of your pet’s stool and mail it back to our laboratory.
- Two collection tubes (one is a backup)
- Sterile cotton swabs to sample your pet’s fecal matter
- Surgical gloves
- Step-by-step instructions
- A small plastic bag for enclosing the collection tube
- A padded mailer (pre-addressed) to return your collection tube to the AnimalBiome laboratory (prepaid shipping within the US)
Microbiome Testing and Gut Restoration Process
Our Microbiome Test and Supplements work individually, and together, to help improve your pet’s gut and overall health.
1. COLLECT: Order a Microbiome Test Kit, collect a small stool sample from your pet, and mail the sample back to us (prepaid envelope).
2. ANALYZE & REPORT: We extract and sequence DNA from the sample to identify your pet’s gut bacteria. You receive a report (in 2-4 weeks) via email AND can go online to explore and understand your pet’s results.
3. RESTORE: Use our Microbiome Supplement to replace and rebalance bacteria that are missing, and rebalance pet gut health.
4. REASSESS: Retest your pet at the end of each supplement cycle, or if symptoms recur. Compare test results through the online Pet Portal.
Supplements may be an ongoing part of your pet’s care, or when medication, diet, illness, age or environment cause troublesome digestive and immunity symptoms.
The science behind AnimalBiome is pretty amazing, and with millions of bacteria being analyzed, there’s a lot of information – if you want to learn more:
Information is power, a great tool to get information on your canines gut health. The gut affects every health system in a dog.
KittyBiome: Gut Health Test (Two Tests)
Seems like the focus of the test is just to provide cool info—I don’t see any recommendations or steps forward with the test results and find myself sorry I spent the money without ANY tangible benefit to my dogs.
My update: The 2 star review I left got some attention. I've now exchanged 3 emails back and forth with Erin, who generously answered ALL my questions, and yes, there were many! I was so impressed by the care she showed me in her responses that I've taken the leap and ordered the fecal replacement capsules, to see if I can improve my older dogs life. Thank you Erin! You really made a huge difference to this customer!
DoggyBiome: Gut Health Test
The results were very insightful and I’m grateful for the phone chat explaining how I can apply what I learned to help my dog become healthier. I’ve since bought this for my cat as well and was very impressed. Thanks!