Your patient's clinical signs (diarrhea, skin, weight and immune system issues) may be related to an imbalanced microbiome. Our bundle is exclusively designed for veterinarians to improve patient outcomes in cases with acute or chronic GI conditions and atopic dermatitis.
AnimalBiome “Stock Up” Gut Health Bundle for Veterinarians
Everything you need to improve patient health when a microbiome imbalance is present
KittyBiome and DoggyBiome Gut Health Test:
This fecal test detects microbiome imbalances and identifies problematic bacterial groups in cats and dogs. The report provides actionable insights for personalized patient care including diet, nutrition, & supplements. Retest your patient to see how the microbiome responds to dietary changes, supplements, or treatments. The multi-pack of tests includes all the supplies you need, including step-by-step instructions.
KittyBiome and DoggyBiome Gut Restore Supplement:
This supplement is a "fecal microbiota transplant" in a capsule designed to restore and rebalance the microbiome. Gut Restore addresses acute and chronic gastrointestinal conditions and atopic dermatitis. Fecal transplant capsules are more effective than probiotics because they have thousands of healthy, cat or dog-specific bacterial strains. Prescreened fecal material is sourced from select healthy pet donors, it’s rigorously tested for pathogens, parasites, and healthy microbiome composition.
Gut Maintenance Plus (GMP):
Our new supplement for cats and dogs is a special blend of prebiotic and probiotic ingredients designed to resolve the occasional diarrhea flare-up caused by antibiotics, C. difficile and E. coli. It contains a unique blend of the yeast S. boulardii, the prebiotic MOS (which activates the immune system, binds to pathogens, and feeds good bacteria), and the prebiotic PreforPro (which targets pathogenic strains of E. coli).
- One DoggyBiome Gut Health Multi-Pack with Five Dog Tests
- One KittyBiome Gut Health Multi-Pack with Five Cat Tests
- Two DoggyBiome: Gut Restore Supplement 60 Capsule Bottles (Small capsules for dogs less than 20 pounds)
- Two DoggyBiome: Gut Restore Supplement 60 Capsule Bottles (Standard capsules for dogs 20 pounds and larger)
- Two KittyBiome Gut Restore Supplement 60 Capsule Bottles
- Six Gut Maintenance Plus 60 Capsule Bottles
Retail Value: $2,160
Bundle MSRP $1625; Price after DVM discount: $975.50
Enter code DVM-784 in Shopping Cart
Gut Health Test Features
- Fast results, receive your report in about two weeks once your sample arrives in our lab
- Actionable insights for personalized diet, supplement, or lifestyle changes to improve patient gut health
- Detects bacterial imbalances and identifies which groups may be problematic
- Adjust your patient’s diet to increase key bacteria and improve gut health
- See how the gut responds to dietary changes or treatments by retesting
Gut Restore Supplement Features
- FMT capsules provide thousands of viable microorganisms to a patient orally
- Introduces native healthy bacteria to increase the success of seeding the gut and restoring it to a more balanced state
- Over 80% report improved clinical signs
- Positive results with a reduction of symptoms are often seen within a few weeks
- Supports solidly-formed bowel movements and helps maintain normal stools
- Reduces inflammation in the intestinal tract
- Enteric-coated capsules are designed to release inside the intestines
Backed By Science
We've identified the optimal digestive health (microbiome) make-up for healthy cats and dogs, and created innovative products to Assess, Restore and Maintain pet health.
Everything You Need!
Our Microbiome Tests and Supplements can be used separately, or combined, to help improve your patient’s gut and overall health. Here’s how they work together:
Order a Gut Health Test. Collect a small stool sample from your patient, and mail the sample back to us (prepaid envelope provided). We extract and sequence DNA from the sample to identify your patient’s gut bacteria. You will receive a report in about 2 weeks. Go online to understand the results.
Use our Gut Restore Supplement to replace and rebalance bacteria that are missing and restore patient gut health.
Retest your patient after supplement completion, or if symptoms recur. Compare test results through the online Pet Portal. Supplements may be an ongoing part of your patient’s care, or when medication, diet, age, illness or environment cause troublesome digestive and immune health symptoms.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is microbiome testing and what are the benefits?
Microbiome testing is the process of sequencing bacterial genetic material from a small fecal sample. We can detect all known bacteria from your patient’s stool sample and then provide you with a comprehensive report. Testing a pet’s microbiome provides insights into their health. Then imbalances in specific gut bacteria can be addressed to help alleviate symptoms associated with a number of chronic health conditions, including digestive disorders like inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and skin conditions like atopic dermatitis.
What is the testing process like?
We provide everything you need to make testing your patient simple.
- Collect: Order a Microbiome Test Kit, collect a small stool sample, mail the sample back (prepaid envelope) to our lab.
- Analyze: We extract and sequence DNA from the sample to identify pet gut bacteria.
- Results: Once we’ve processed your sample we’ll email your report AND provide online access to explore, compare, and share patient results.
The test results identify the types and proportions of bacteria living in your patient’s gut, in comparison with our large and growing database of healthy pets. The report includes actionable insights to help you improve pet digestive health.
How long after antibiotics should we wait before giving the microbiome test or Gut Restore (FMT capsules)?
Please wait 48 hours after the completion of antibiotics before administering the Gut Health Test or the Gut Restore Supplement.
Can the patient continue taking probiotics when administering the microbiome test or Gut Restore?
Please stop administering all bacterial probiotics 48 hours before administering the Gut Health Test or the Gut Restore Supplement. The patient can continue taking S. boulardii as this is a yeast based probiotic that we do not see interfering with the Gut Health Test or Gut Restore Supplement
What if the patient cannot tolerate cessation of antibiotics?
Contact our Animal Care team to develop a protocol tailored to your patient.
Where do you get the material for fecal transplant capsules?
The donors for Fecal Microbiota Transplant (FMT) Capsules are pets screened for health, age, fecal consistency, behavior, and microbiome composition (based on DNA testing). Donor samples are also submitted for pathogen screening (both DNA testing and culturing) to the Idexx Reference Laboratories, which has more than 15 years of genetic testing experience, stringent quality control guidelines, and well-validated standard operating procedures.
All donors are screened regularly for intestinal ova (parasite eggs) and parasites using a fecal float. In addition, we test for the presence of hookworms, roundworms and whipworms by ELISA.
Fecal Microbiota Transplant (FMT) Donors: Cats
For cats, the donated fecal matter comes from healthy indoor cats that have not had antibiotic treatment in the prior six months, have diverse and species-rich microbiomes, are not overweight, and have no behavioral issues.
All feline fecal material is screened for the following: Campylobacter coli, Campylobacter jejuni, Clostridium perfringens enterotoxin (CPE) gene, Cryptosporidium spp., feline coronavirus (FeCoV), feline panleukopenia virus, Giardia spp., Salmonella spp., Toxoplasma gondii, Tritrichomonas blagburni (formerly foetus)
Fecal Microbiota Transplant (FMT) Donors: Dogs
For dogs, the donated fecal matter comes from healthy dogs that regularly go outdoors for walks, have not had antibiotic treatment in the prior six months, have diverse and species-rich microbiomes, are not overweight, and have no behavioral issues.
All canine fecal material is screened for the following: C. Perf CPnetEF Toxin Gene, C. Perf Enterotoxin Gene, Campylobacter coli, Campylobacter jejuni, Canine distemper virus, Canine enteric coronavirus, Canine parvovirus 2, Circovirus K9, Clostridium difficile Toxin A, Clostridium difficile Toxin B, Cryptosporidium spp, Giardia spp, Salmonella spp.