When you take a fecal sample from your pet, there are two things you will need to do to so that we have sufficient information to interpret your pet's sample correctly:
- Set up a Pet Profile.
- Register your pet's unique Sample ID code.
Don't worry, it won't take long! Everything can be done in just a few minutes at app.animalbiome.com.
Note that our website is not compatible with Internet Explorer. If you are using Internet Explorer, you will need to switch to a different web browser.
If you do not have another browser installed, below are three highly rated web browsers that are free, secure, and easy to install. None will interfere with Internet Explorer.
Click here to download Microsoft Edge.
Click here to download Mozilla Firefox.
Click here to download Google Chrome.
Setting up your pet's profile
1. Go to app.animalbiome.com and select "Sign Up." Enter your email address and select a password.
2. You will be taken to the "Add a Pet" page. Please fill this out as completely as possible. This information is crucial to allowing us to develop more effective therapies for sick pets in the future.
3. Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom and hit the green "Add Pet" button at the bottom of the page. This will save your pet's profile in our database.
Congratulations! You have created your pet's profile. Now all you need to do is register their unique 6-character sample ID code (located on the vial) so that we know that the sample belongs to your pet.
Registering your pet's sample ID code
1. Now you will need to register your pet's sample ID, so that we know that the sample belongs to your pet. In the upper right-hand corner, hit "Register Sample."
2. Complete the first three questions on the form, taking care to enter the 6-character sample number correctly (it is located on the small vial). See below for more information on the final question about "Consistency."
The third question refers to the consistency of your pet's stool sample that you are submitting. Consistency is rated on a scale of 1 - 7, with 1 as very hard, and 7 as very watery. See the pictures below to help you select the appropriate number. Select your pet's name for "Whose sample is this?" and then hit "Register." That's it!
For multiple samples or pets
If you have more than one sample for the same pet, begin again at step 1 of "Registering your pet's Sample ID Code." You only need to create a Pet Profile for each pet once.
If you have more than one pet, you will need to create a new Pet Profile for each additional pet. In the upper left-hand corner, you will see your first pet’s name. Click on the small downward-pointing arrow to the right of your pet's name, and an option will appear to "Add a new pet." See below.
You will need to create a new Pet Profile for this next pet and then register the next 6-character sample ID code to the correct pet, just like you did for the first pet.